Mission: Loring exists to guide global-minded scholars through safe and joyful learning. We honor our differences while cultivating compassion, curiosity, and justice.
Vision: Loring prepares and challenges scholars to explore, make meaning of, and take action for a more global-minded and caring world.
Loring Community School shows up ALL the time, for ALL children!
Located in the Victory neighborhood of North Minneapolis, Loring Community School promotes high standards and expectations for all children in order to foster growth academically, socially, and personally. Loring offers an intimate setting ideally suited for young learners in pre-kindergarten (Hi-5) through grade 5. In a safe, joyful learning environment, Loring grows young problem-solvers who are both creative and critical thinkers. Loring is proud to have a relentless focus on equity in terms of relevant classroom materials, curriculum, resources and parent involvement. Loring continuously receives national recognition as one of America's healthiest schools, cultivates unique partnerships to enhance learning-it has it's own beehive!-and promotes family involvement as a key to student success. Loring is an IB/PYP (International Baccalaureate/Primary Years Program) candidate school.
Loring reflects the rich history of the Victory neighborhoods and celebrates our scholars' diverse cultural backgrounds. Loring provides high-quality academic programs with a smooth academic pathway from Loring to Olson Middle School and Patrick Henry High School, both of which are IB Authorized schools.
Loring is a International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) candidate school. IB PYP schools strive to develop internationally-minded students who are able to understand themselves and others, fostering the attributes necessary to thrive within a global society. The PYP focuses on the development of the whole child as an engaged inquirer, demonstrating ownership for their learning both in and outside of the classroom.
At a Glance
- Full day Pre-K
- Vocal and instrumental music
- Spanish language instruction PreK-5
- Bilingual staff-Spanish and Hmong
- Advanced instruction, including Telescope Math
- Special education services-Including specialized ASD classrooms
- Monthly family events
- School garden and outdoor classrooms
- Nationally recognized health and wellness focus
- After-school activities
- Minneapolis Kids school-age before and after school daycare
- School lunch program led by a classically French-trained chef, focusing on True Food: food made from scratch with whole ingredients that support the long-term health of our students